Total Pageviews

Monday 20 February 2012

The luck has left the lucky




You know how fairy tales begin
One never loses, they all win.
The sky was blue, the grass was green
Best day in June you've ever seen,
As I was walking through the woods,
Bringing my fairy friend some goods,
Down the path I always take, 
Next to the beautiful blue lake
What do I see in front of me?
Holding his elbow on one knee,
Up on the rock, a little man
Who looked a lot like Peter Pan

He seemed so lost, he looked so sad, 
He made me feel so very bad!
He was not young, his hair was white, 
His clothes were poor and way too tight!
„Hey little man, what's wrong with you?
Did you get lost? What can I do?
Don't feel ashamed to say what's wrong
For I cannot stay with you too long"
"Oh milady, you're too kind, 
There's simply so much on my mind
I lost my lucky charm last week, 
Since then I cannot stop but seek
Without it I'm no good, you see, 
For it has always been with me"


"I'm sorry for your loss my friend,
If you need help, one hand I'll lend
Although I don't agree with you, 
One man's luck you can't pursue
There is no charm to bring ones' luck
When one not luck is bound to strike
Sometimes no matter what we do, 
We lose our luck, and so did you"


 "Well milady, you must be right
I know with luck one cannot fight, 
It comes; it goes; sometimes for good
If I could beg for it, I would.
Sometimes I cannot simply show,
Although deep down inside, I know, 
I am the same today like then 
I'll always stay an old wise man"

That's what he said, the wise old gnome,
So he thanked me and went home
His luck came back next day I've heard
‘cause he had patience, as reward.
So when it comes to luck, dear friends,
One cannot simply stretch its ends

1 comment:

  1. This is for all those who feel just like I'm feeling right now. There's always hope and hope will never leave us!

    ReplyDelete