Total Pageviews

Friday 17 February 2012

How to love a giraffe


Those who say that they know giraffes must be wrong. I don't think giraffes can ever be resumed, not even in one million phrases. They change constantly and their personality is different in any moment you meet them. I used to get mad at first, because all the time when I met one giraffe and I was really friendly and polite with the long necked creature, suddenly a very rude answer came along: 
"And they say that the air I'm breathing has less oxygen! Look at you, your head is even above mine, you're up in the clouds!"
"Just because you don't understand what I'm trying to say that doesn't mean that there's something wrong with what I'm saying! You giraffes, you think you know everything!" I said, looking at her huge legs.
"Of course we do! All the words spoken on this planet come to our ears. Our ears are above you all and that's why we're special, for we know everything. Besides, we have the strongest heart and we love more than you ever will."
„Then why are you so rude? Where I come from everybody's nice and polite."
„Oh, I’m sorry about that. It’s not rudeness; it's just that I am in a really big hurry. You see, Dina the zebra, is about to give birth and I must bring her some fresh grass. You take everything too personal! Now step aside, for I have to run and the wind is blowing in my face!"
And the giant started to run, totally disorganized, chaotic, throwing her huge legs on the grass and singing a song with her almost soprano like voice. As she started to run, I could feel the earth moving under my legs. I couldn't even see her face the whole time she spoke to me, for she was really tall.
Our encounters have the same pattern every time and no matter how hard I try, I’m never prepared for them. She always leaves me without a line and I always stand there dazzled watching her leave, thinking about what she has just said. The giraffes I know are all like that for this is their charm, they have the strongest heart and they love more than we ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment