Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 March 2012

The longer the path, the more the battles


I can feel the world spinning around me and I can't keep up. The horizon changes constantly and my mind expands and contracts like a giant heart which pumps more blood than the ocean and the Mississippi river combined. That's when I know the time has come to face my fear and take one step further. The steps I take are always forward,  because as I'm sure you know, there is no backwards,  time has only one direction, always leading me to another battle which I have to win, or, as my grandfather used to say, I'll be turned into a   chalk queen on a giant's chess board.
Not knowing when the enemy will strike, I must be prepared and that’s why I wear my armor at all times. I wear it under my clothes, buried under my skin very close to my heart. One must always be prepared these days, for the evil will always find a way to sneak into your kitchen.
As I see the evil shadow lurking in the corner of the room, I remember an old saying:
 “Let the warrior chose his weapon, for there's only one weapon he can be invincible with" 
I look the shadow in its unseen eyes and I bend my head in front of it, for no matter how strong the enemy, there's always time for courtesy. 
I stand there silently waiting for the enemy to give me the first blow, for then I'll know how his best shot feels like. If I'll survive that means I'm strong enough to defeat him, if I'll fall down dead that means I didn't stand a chance anyway. 
As it hits me and stabs me in my heart, I feel his hit all the way to the marrow of my spine and the tip of my toes. But I always fight the pain and keep my muscles tense and so I don't feel much, sometimes any pain at all. I mustn’t reveal my secret to him, for otherwise the evil monster will learn my trick and try to hit me harder.
After his blow I try to look broken and devastated. I try to look hurt and scared. I try to look miserable and ashamed, and then I plan my next move: my sword lies beside me, it will always be there, for like my armor, it is already a part of me. I carry it proud and conscious and as I see its shine in the enemy's eyes I feel   my garden blooming and my giraffe heart pumping the magical blood in my frail body. I feel alive and blessed; I find my place in the universe and in the world again. I see my kingdom in front of my eyes with all its beauty. 
With every breath I take  I grow, my hands turn into giant tentacles and as I grab the sword I know that if I do it right, all I need is one blow and all the evil will be put to rest. I stand in front of it, brave, like a mighty roman soldier, and holding my sword, I spin together with the world and I hear everything unheard before. I can understand all the voices, the thoughts and the wishes I hear. 
I hit him hard and as he falls down I'm ready to take another step.

No comments:

Post a Comment